Last updated on November 17, 2018
This Policy describes the information we collect from you, how we use that information, and our legal basis for doing so. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us.
Table of Contents
Who We Are
The fivedoors.org Website is managed by Five Doors, LLC and consists of the main site, forum for discussion, and a blog with comments. Please read the Terms of Service for more information.
We will never sell your personal data to anyone.
What We Collect and Receive
In order for us to provide you the best possible experience on our Website, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the services, that may include:
- Contact us via email - for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem, we will collect your name, email address, message, etc. We use this data solely in connection with answering the queries we receive.
- Usage data - when you visit our Website, we will store: the website from which you visited us from, the parts of our site you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymized IP address, information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type) you used during your visit, and more. We process this usage data in Matomo Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve our site and to recognize and stop any misuse.
- Server access - we retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our servers. The logs are used to recognize and stop any misuse.
- Forum and Blog usage - when registered and posting on the forum or blog comments, we record the IP address used for the account login for validation purposes.
Opt-out of Website Tracking
You can opt out of being tracked by our Matomo Analytics instance. We respect your browser's do not track (DNT) feature. In addition to using DNT, you may also opt out below.
You have the right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Five Doors, LLC, a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to ask from us a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with us directly and/or you using our site and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Access to Data
Account data may be accessed as described below. Collected data is organized into the following categories: main site, forum, and blog comments.
To export and view main site data associated with your account:
- Log in and request a data export
To export forum activity associated with your account:
- Log in and visit the forum account page to download forum activity
To export all comments associated with your account:
- Log in and open a blog post
- Scroll to the comment section and select the "My profile" tab
- Click "Settings"
- Click "Request Comment History"
To request termination of your account:
- Log in and request a data removal
Termination includes removal of Website account, removal or anonymization of blog comments, and removal or anonymization of forum activity. Once terminated, account data cannot be recovered. If desired, follow the steps in Access to Data to export data prior to termination.
Third Party Services We Use
When you visit our Website, or purchase products or services, we use the following third party services which may collect personal data. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
|Purpose of processing
|Credit card processing
|To play videos
In addition, the following self-hosted services are used:
- Coral Project Talk - blog comments
- Discourse - forum
- Matomo Analytics
Retention of Data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services, or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and protect Five Doors, LLC legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Website, improve our services, or comply with legal obligations.
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Website or by sending you an email.
Email: [email protected]
Contact form: fivedoors.org/contact